Boilers can last for many years, but sometimes they break down and either need repairs or a replacement. Rather than having to find the money for such a large expense, you can take out boiler emergency cover to have your back in case of an emergency.
You can take out a policy for your boiler only, or you can include heating, electrical, plumbing and pest infestations for an all-round comprehensive package.
Prominence Support has been offering insurance services to its customers for the past thirty years. They have UK based call centres and a large network of engineers throughout the UK.
Their website is easy to navigate and you can find the details of their boiler cover by hovering over Home Emergency and then clicking into boiler cover. There are a number of useful guides on boiler and heating cover with answers to frequently asked questions.
Boiler Cover and More
Several policies are available with Prominence Support and these are:
This gives you cover for your boiler and the controls with up to £1,000 per claim and unlimited calls. With heating cover included too, this will give you cover for repairs to your central heating system and domestic hot water.
Prominence Support Support Plan has parts and labour included, together with 24/7 call-out. Call-outs are unlimited and you can claim up to £1,000 per claim up to five times in one year.
Complete Boiler and Home Emergency Cover
The complete boiler and home emergency cover includes your boiler as well as emergency cover for heating, electrics and plumbing and pest infestation.
You can also add an annual boiler service option.
Specific detail of the cover includes:
- Breakdown of your boiler or your central heating system
- Radiator leaks and other problems
- Any problems with your hot water supply
- Plumbing and drainage
- Burst water pipes
- Blocked pipes and drains
- Dislodged roof tiles caused by extreme weather
- Missing or loose roof tiles caused by bad weather
- Internal wiring including wall sockets, switches, bulb sockets circuit breakers and transformers
- Fusebox/consumer box failure
- Mains service which means the failure of the permanently installed wiring
- Broken door lock
- Lost or stolen keys
- Broken windows or doors and securing your home as a result of a break-in or malicious damage
- Pest infestation such as wasps, hornets, rats and mice
- Up to £250 towards hotel expenses if you can’t stay in your home because of an emergency
Boiler and Heater Cover costs from £4.99 a month.
Complete Boiler and Home Emergency with a £75 excess: HE 1000 is £9.11 per month which is an annual payment of £109.32.
Complete Boiler and Home Emergency with a £25 excess: HE 500 is £14.79 per month which is an annual payment of £177.48.
Complete Boiler and Home Emergency Cover with no excess: HE 500+ is £15.60 per month which is an annual payment of £187.20.
You can save 20% if you pay annually rather than monthly.
Exclusions: What’s Not Included
- Any boilers or hot air units that are older than 10 years or with an output less than a 60kw capacity
- Equipment with cosmetic damage
- Equipment that hasn’t been installed correctly
- Equipment with pre-existing faults
- Gas leaks from any pipes or appliances
There are other exclusions that should be read in the company’s terms and conditions before you decide to take out a policy.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Prominence Support’s Policies
- No price hike in year two
- 24/7 call out and helpline
- Unlimited call-outs
- Repairs, parts and labour included
- £250 towards the cost of a hotel if you can’t stay in your home because of an emergency
- Engineer appointments usually within 24 hours
- No boiler replacement cover
- Confusing website information
Prominence Support have largely positive reviews on review sites, with most customers reporting their satisfaction with the service provided by the Prominence Support engineer.
The customers who gave 5-star reviews all commented on the fast and efficient service.
Trustpilot: 4.4, ‘Excellent’ (based on 100 reviews)
Reviews.co.uk: 4.64/5 (based on 158 reviews)