If you’re looking for an energy-efficient replacement boiler, the UK manufacturer, Ideal has a solid selection of affordable heating systems.
The best boiler for you will depend on the heating needs of your household, but your options are to choose from a combination boiler, regular heat boiler or a system boiler.
Ideal has a wide selection of boilers that are suitable for all types of properties throughout the UK, and with a history that spans more than 100 years, the company has a solid reputation for producing reliable boilers that are easy to install and affordable to buy.
Ideal Energy Efficiency
Ideal manufacture some of the most energy-efficient boilers on the UK market. They have a SEBDUK rating A and save around 90% of the energy generated by the boilers. To put that in perspective, old boilers lose 35-40% of the energy they create.
Ideal Boiler Reviews
Ideal boilers are rated as some of the best on the UK market. Boiler reviews posted by professional installers get excellent ratings. Users on the other hand are hit and miss.
Some owners of ideal boilers have left positive reviews about the boilers whilst other complain about the customer service. Like most large companies the service can be hit and miss.
What type of boilers is best for you?
Before investing in a replacement boiler, it’s useful to know which type and size is the best fit for your home.
If you purchase a boiler that is too powerful, you will waste money on energy bills. On the other hand, if you install a boiler that does not produce a sufficient quantity of heat for your home, you will not feel the benefit of your central heating system.
It is advisable to ask qualified boiler engineers to recommend the number of kiloWatts (kW) you need to heat your home comfortably.
As a general rule of thumb, use the table below:
|Boiler Size||Number of radiators||Number of bedrooms||Flow Rate|
|24kW||Up to 10 radiators||1-2||9.9|
|30kW||Up to 15 radiators||3-4||12.4|
|35kW||Up to 20 radiators||4-6||14.5|
Combination/Condensing boiler – Heat water and radiators. Cost-effective to install and can reduce energy bills. Ideal for small homes that are limited for space.
However, households can not use two water sources at the same time. For example, if someone is in the shower, running hot water from a tap will make the shower go cold.
System Boiler – System boilers work in much the same way as conventional boilers but are more cost-effective. They are best suited to homes that have a high demand for water as you can use multiple water sources without the risk of the shower or bath running cold water.
The downside is that water is stored in a second container, so you need space to install a tank. There is also the chance of running out of warm water.
Regular Heat-Only Boiler – Regular boilers have a cold water tank that feeds into a water cylinder where it is heated up when in you are using sinks, baths, showers or radiators.
Heat-only boilers work in a similar way to system boilers except they give you a constant supply of warm water so there is no risk of running out. They are ideal for properties that require a constant supply of water for multiple users.
Combination boilers are the most popular choice among UK homeowners that do not have a lot of storage space. Because condensing boilers are designed as a single unit, they do not require an additional tank to store water.
Benefits of Ideal Combi-Boilers
- Ease of use – combi-boilers give you more control over the amount of energy you use
- High energy-efficiency – Ideal combo boilers are rated A and help to reduce heating bills
- Cost effective – condensing boilers are competitively priced and offer good value for money
- Instant hot water – combi-boilers heat water on demand in a matter of seconds
- Affordable to buy and maintain – advanced engineering and simple design make combi-boilers easy to install and carry out maintenance thus reducing the engineer costs
- Excellent warranty – Ideal combi-boilers come with a standard 2 or 5-year warranty. Premium models have either 7, 10 or 12 year guarantee
Ideal System Boilers
System boilers are ideal for large households with two or more bathrooms. They heat the radiators directly, but hot water is sourced from a tank that is stored in a secondary location such as the loft or garage.
Benefits of Ideal System Boilers
- Instant access to hot water – able to supply water to multiple taps without losing hot water or pressure
- Energy efficient – Ideal system boilers are rated A and can help reduce utility bills
- Saves space – more compact than traditional boilers so less room is taken in the airing cupboard
- Economically-friendly – lose less energy and are compatible with solar-powered heaters
Ideal Regular Heat-Only Boilers
Regular or heat-only boilers supply a constant stream of hot water to multiple taps and are vest suited to large houses or commercial properties. Cold water is stored in a tank and fed through to a hot water cylinder so you need sufficient storage space. Access to hot water is not instantaneous.
Benefits of Ideal Regular Boilers
- Supplies multiple users – ideal for properties where water is likely to be needed by several people at the same time
- Backup system – users can also source water from an immersion heater so if the boiler breaks down, the property still has access to hot water
- Versatile – can be installed into an old heating system so is ideal for old buildings
- Environmentally friendly – use less energy than conventional boilers and are compatible with renewable energy systems
Ideal Boiler Range and Prices
|Model||Power (kW)||Warranty (years)||Price|
|Logic Max Combi||24||10||£896|
|Logic Max Combi||30||10||£980|
|Logic Max Combi||35||10||£1077|
|Vogue Max Combi||26||10 or 12||£1047|
|Vogue Max Combi||32||10 or 12||£1155|
|Vogue Max Combi||40||10 or 12||£1248|
|Vogue Gen 2 Combi||26||10||£1045.16|
|Vogue Gen 2 Combi||32||10||£1142.39|
|Vogue Gen 2 Combi||40||10||£1250.22|
|Logic Max System||15||10||£926.99|
|Logic Max System||18||10||£960|
|Logic Max System||24||10||£915|
|Logic Max System||30||10||£1029|
|Vogue Max System||15||10 or 12||£936.59|
|Vogue Max System||18||10 or 12||£1091|
|Vogue Max System||26||10 or 12||£1047|
|Vogue Max System||32||10 or 12||£1135|
|Vogue Gen 2 System||15||10||£905|
|Vogue Gen 2 System||18||10||£973|
|Vogue Gen 2 System||26||10||£943|
|Vogue Gen 2 System||32||10||£1053|
|Logic Max Heat||12||10||£839.99|
|Logic Max Heat||15||10||£878.99|
|Logic Max Heat||18||10||£912.99|
|Logic Max Heat||24||10||£946|
|Logic Max Heat||30||10||1059.99|
Why Buy an Ideal Boiler
Ideal boilers are a great choice for homeowners looking for affordable replacement boilers that have a high energy-efficiency rating. Before placing an order, we recommend getting at least three comparative quotes from a reputable installer.